Entry:11


TO BLOG, OR NOT TO BLOG?

The prose of blogging is attractive in the sense of sharing my information attained to the world round me, and to appreciate readers such as yourself. There is always room for improvement, and I hope I can foster that self-improvement into a better version of the blog than what it stands at today. Sharing my thoughts with the community I have built over the last few months has given me fulfillment, but I know there is a next level waiting for my blogs to advance to. To build a brand in my name, garner additional credibility for my topics, as well as building additional trust between my readers and I; to be a source of fair, thought provoking and unique discussions.

There are a slew of benefits to blogging. Blogging gives you the opportunity to share your voice with the world around you, to allow your story to be heard, the experiences relived through words and part your ideas to those around the globe.  Blogging creates a space for you to express yourself through various forms of media. To allow all those thoughts trapped in your mind to flow onto the wall of text in front of your very eyes. You can create a blog to replace a diary for yourself, you can focus your blog to niche topics of interest, or even write for certain demographics that may find use in your writing.


I came to face insurmountable challenges where throughout the class, I learned that blogging not only assisted my ability to express myself, but paved the stepping stones for me to find increasing amounts of personal development in my writing. Building the discipline to sit down a hour or two a day to jot down my thoughts on a topic, researching articles about what i would like to discuss and supplementing my mind with more information, and expanding my communicative skills are all unforeseen rewards of starting a blog. Matthew Mcconaugheys motivational speech ringing in my ears while i typed up entries kept me going on days i felt like quitting.  I did have fear of potential backlash from a topic or two, but found that writing a blog not only gave me the confidence necessary to push my writing to the public stage, but to also deepen the roots of my own principles to which I stand by today.


I learned a multitude of aspects bout myself that i was not aware of before i began blogging. By blogging over the course of the semester, I have come to terms with my standard of writing which had to be built upon. Pushing myself, I attained a greater sense of articulation in my thoughts and writing about them allowed me to internalize my feelings and thoughts on various topics which has aided my general understanding on a plethora of subjects. I have supplemented my vocabulary, as well as providing myself a space to vent which has helped my mood to brighten most days, adding a spring to my step. Blogging made me seek out answers I never could have conceived before. I now seek out more and more information to supplement what I know now. This caused me to backup my statements with evidences and superior arguments in my favor. In terms of technology, my extensive understand of computers has supported my blogging habit and made me seek out additional mediums to display my knowledge, from art to videos, maybe even some crudely drawn diagrams. I came to learn that many bottle up their emotions from reading other blogs, and the stature of blogs as a vehicle of self expression for people is a strengthening factor for those who throw caution to the wind, and to readers who can reflect on what an author goes through that can aid them on their journey in life - we are all in this together.



I progressed to understand that as an overall assignment for class, blogging has assisted me in bringing more to the table which has impact various areas in my life beneficially. Meeting other wonderful people online who had stories of being locked in their own mind and now feel free, the service of inspiration you can bring to others through your written experiences and a general sense of living a higher quality of life through self expression have all greatly impacted me to be the person I am today, and to keep pushing myself to show the world what I can do for it.


Many are afraid to get out of their comfort zone. To take that great leap forward into the darkness that pushes you to the edge of what you're comfortable with and kicks you off the cliff. It's not just as simple as logging on and spewing out a few sentences and calling it a day.You also need perseverance. Just keep writing, keep improving, and most importantly keep posting. Blogging opened opportunity for community, friendships and collaborations with wonderful people, many of whom you may cross paths with someday in the digital world. Blogging leaves the world a little better than how you found it. 

Comments

Popular Posts